DomiKnow is a way to find one's profile. A profile is a way to show which side of your brain is dominant. The right side of the brain is Gestalt, or the creative side of the brain. The Left side of the brain is the logical side.
I learn best when I sit in the back of the room so I can stand and move around without disturbing others. I am a natural auditory and kinesthetic learner, so using my ears are vital during class. Metaphors and examples are good ways for me successfully complete problem solving questions. Because my ear receives information more accurately than my eyes, closing my eyes is no disadvantage as long as my ears are pointing toward the speaker.
I learn best when I sit in the back of the room so I can stand and move around without disturbing others. I am a natural auditory and kinesthetic learner, so using my ears are vital during class. Metaphors and examples are good ways for me successfully complete problem solving questions. Because my ear receives information more accurately than my eyes, closing my eyes is no disadvantage as long as my ears are pointing toward the speaker.
I need to move constantly in order to release stress and grasp the concept. I also need to be reminded to use step by step learning because my profile focuses on the main idea and forgets how to get there. It is important for my teacher to explain the future use of the knowledge given to me in order for me to accept it.
The strategies that would help me in my learning are brain gym activities, such as lazy eights, cross crawl, and three dimensional art. I become focused while moving my hands or legs in a repetitive pattern.
I would like my teachers to know this about me because many educators all over the world do not realize that one school plan doesn't work for the every student. We all have different brains and ways of learning. The best way for teachers to crack open our will to learn is to relate to the student and create a way of teaching them best by understanding our profile and preferences of teaching styles.
No comments:
Post a Comment